FCM 4646 - Velux Fixed Curb Mount Skylight
The patented FCM curb mounted fixed skylight is sized to work with all types of site-built curbs, whether they're slightly out-of-square, pre-existing, or surrounded by unusually thick flashing and roofing material. Heavy-duty materials ensure the FCM skylight is built to withstand the installation process, as well as anything Mother Nature throws its way.
The FCM skylight installs on roofs with slopes between 0° (0:12) and 60° (20:12).
Energy efficient glass options
All VELUX skylight glazings are built using energy efficient, LoE3, Argon gas injected dual glass panes. The FCM skylight comes with your choice of the following glazing options, each designed to meet the needs of specific building situations:
- Miami-dade glass - Special safety glass designed to meet high velocity hurricane codes, including the stringent Miami-Dade code requirements.
- Impact glass - Special safety glass designed to meet code requirements for hurricane prone areas
- Laminated glass - Tempered safety glass with extra laminated pane for added safety and comfort
- Tempered glass - Tempered safety glass
- White laminated glass - Tempered, laminated safety glass with a white coating to provide diffused lighting
Sunscreening options for optimal light control
When combined with the accessory tray the FCM skylight is compatible with the following sunscreening accessories:
- Blackout Blinds – Blocks the light. Available in solar, electric and manual versions.
- Venetian Blinds – Accurate glare and light control. Available in electric and manual versions.
- Light Diffusing Blinds – Diffuse the light and eliminate glare. Available in solar, electric and manual versions.
The FCM skylight is designed for simple and weathertight installations on site-built curbs. It features integrated gaskets that provide a thermal break for energy efficiency and seals out water, wind and hassles for years.
Flashing options for a weathertight installation
These flashing systems help ensure a weathertight installation for your FCM skylight:
- VELUX ECL step flashing for curb mounted skylights is available for shingles and other low-profile roofing materials only on roofs with pitches greater than 10°. Site-built flashings are required for other roofing materials and roof pitches less than 10°.
- VELUX ECW tile flashing for curb mounted skylights is available for tile and other high-profile roofing materials only on roofs with pitches greater than 15°. Site-built flashings are required for other roofing materials and roof pitches less than 15°.
The FCM skylight is constructed with maintenance free exterior and interior that insulates and strengthens the unit.
|Rough Opening||46 1/2" x 46 1/2"|
|Delivery||S - 3 to 5 Business Days|